At HwaHyun we advise large-scale Korean technology and IT companies on a wide range of legal issues. Our attorneys have an unparalleled expertise and exceptional capability of handling complex legal disputes in the technology and IT industry.
Our clients benefit from our years of extensive experience in advising the operators of largest internet portal websites in Korea as we have accumulated significant expertise and practical experience in IT and e-commerce legal issues. Furthermore, we have exceptional capabilities in handling all phases of legal disputes concerning protection of personal data and privacy.
We provide the full range of legal services in this practice area, including the following:
- Technology transactions
- Internet and E-commerce?
- Entertainment and sports law
- Data and privacy protection
- Blockchain and initial coin offering
- Regulatory compliance
- NAVER: Advised NAVER Corporation for more than five years in relation to all legal aspects of its operation of Korea’s biggest portal website?
- NHN: Represented NHN Entertainment in criminal matters involved with its online games business
- Daum: Advised Daum Communications (currently Kakao Corporation) on various legal disputes in connection with all aspects of its operation of the portal website Daum.net
- KT: Advised on the operation of KT Hitel’s portal website Paran.com until the winding up of its portal website business
Data and Privacy Protection
- Hanaro: Represented Hanaro Telecom (currently SK Broadband) to defend its alleged illegal use of personal data of customers
- Internet company: Set up an Internet company’s Risk Management Plan in relation to transfer of personal data from its acquirees during M&A transactions
- KyoOne: Reviewed and advised on KyoOne’s internal data protection system