HwaHyun boasts a team of experienced litigators, former judge, and industry experts who have successfully resolved numerous cross-border disputes involving, among others, corporate, M&A, construction, intellectual property, international business transaction, maritime, and restructuring & insolvency.
HwaHyun prides in offering one of the highest level of international litigation and arbitration services in Korea. Dr. Kyung-Han Sohn of our International Litigation & Arbitration Group is internationally known as counsel as well as arbitrator and maintains a strong record of success in numerous international dispute cases over the years.
We provide the full range of legal services in this practice area, including the following:
- Pre-litigation/arbitration analysis and strategic advice
- Interim measures and emergency arbitration
- Negotiation for amicable settlement
- Representation before courts and administrative tribunals
- Representation before international arbitration tribunals
- Enforcement proceeding of foreign judgment and arbitral award
- Automotive industry: Represented an European automotive company in an arbitration of disputes over international distributorship
- Construction industry: Represented in arbitrations of various construction disputes between owner and contractors & between prime contractor and sub-contractors
- Maritime industry: Represented in arbitrations of various maritime transportation disputes
- Software industry: Represented an U.S.-based software company in an arbitration over issues concerning executive compensation
- Others: Represented foreign clients in litigations of various corporate, finance, investment, trade, technology, labor, and other disputes with Korean parties