The global tax environment is evolving rapidly, and HwaHyun has been trusted tax counsel in Korea since 2001 with its ability to closely work with clients and also keep ahead of local and international tax developments.
Our attorneys represent clients to resolve tax disputes with the National Tax Service and local tax authorities through all phases of disputes. We have been successful in some of the landmark Supreme Court cases in the area of tax laws and regulations. We also provide tax advisory services in relation to complex commercial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and real estate transactions.
We provide the full range of legal services in this practice area, including the following:
- Business structuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Real estate transactions
- Tax disputes and litigation
- International tax planning
- U.S. income taxation
- Export/import compliance
- Customs appeals
- Tax and Customs criminal defense
- Kolon: Successfully represented Kolon Glotech for cancellation of registration tax imposed on the acquisition of real estate in overpopulation control area subsequent to M&A transaction
- Paradise: Successfully represented Paradise Construction for cancellation of corporate income tax imposed in relation to non-exercise of indemnity right between joint guarantors
- CC Partners: Successfully represented CC Partners for cancellation of imposition of corporate income tax and registration tax in connection with acquisition of Sun-In Shopping Center